Who Is Eligible?
- Residents of an institution that qualifies for RSC-TCM-TS
- Those who choose to move into the community
- Those who choose to receive RSC-TCM services
- Those clients who are moving out of nursing facilities on waiver or through Moving Home Minnesota (TS-MHM)
What Are the Limitations?
Transitional services are limited to:
- A maximum of $3,000 per transition
- One transition in a 3 year period
- Essential Furniture: Those costs of essential furniture my not exceed $1,000 of the $3,000 and is limited to purchase of the following: bed frames, mattress and box springs, dressers, dining table and chairs
- One Time Household Supplies: The cost of one time house hold supplies is limited to a maximum of $300 of the $3,000 and include: cleaning supplies, dishes, drinking glasses, flatware, pots and pans, sheets, towels, related supports
- Supporters: The Total amount covered for related supports is included in the $3,000 maximum.
- Payment rate for these supports may not exceed the state Medicaid rate for personal care assistance.
- Supports are limited to a maximum of 40 hours paid assistance to: Arrange for utilities to be connected
- Locate a secure a home for the person, move personal items from the licensed setting to the home, purchase one time household supplies and essential furniture (does not include the cost of the items)
- Nursing Facilities (NFs)
- Intermediate Care Facilities for persons with mental retardation or related conditions (ICF/MRs)
- Institutions for Mental Diseases (IMD) including Regional Treatment Centers licensed as hospitals or Nursing Facilities
Payers Source for Nursing Home Relocation Assistance
Medical Assistance (MA)