Nursing Home Relocation


Nursing Home Relocation also known as Relocation Service Coordination (RSC) is a government program provided for free to individuals between the ages of 18 and 65, who are on Medical Assistance (MA) and currently live in a valid facility such as Nursing Home.

Who is RSC for?

Individuals currently residing in a Nursing Facility, but doesn’t need the level of care necessary to remain in a Nursing Facility.

How does the program work?

Once RSC begins, a relocation coordinator after speaking with the individual will begin finding housing that is based on a combination of level of care and the individual’s desire. The relocation coordinator has 180 days to relocate the individual to a new home.

Once a suitable placement has been found, depending on the individual’s placement and other relevant criteria, the individual may qualify for Transitional Services. Transitional Services is another service provided for free to individuals that provides up to $3000 worth of items (300 for Household Suppliers, $1000 for Furnishing and $1700 for Movers, Damage Deposits and Application fees etc.) for his/her new home.  

For individuals who do not qualify for Transitional Services, a combination of emergency assistance from the county along with Bridging (A non-profit organization) will fill a lot of the gaps.

What does a Relocation Coordinator do?

A relocation coordinator works with the individual to find them the appropriate housing choice, while coordinating all the other necessary activities required for a successful transition into the community. 

Some activities include: finding funding sources, criminal/housing record expungement, getting a replacement social security card, etc.

How do I get this process started?

You can call us at 651.646.1377; we will help direct you to the appropriate places.

We are certified to work in the following counties: 

Region 7: Benton, Chisago, Isanti, Kanabec, Mille Lacs, Pine, Sherburne, Stearns and Wright counties;

Region 11: Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, Scott and Washington counties; and Goodhue, Itasca, Le Sueur, McLeod, Meeker, Nicollet, Rice, St. Louis, Sibley, Steele, Wabasha and Waseca counties